SituationDirk Rossmann GmbH is the second-largest chain of pharmacies in Germany, with 56,200 workers in Europe. Over 33,000 of these are employed in Germany. The company is divided into different areas, resulting in three key divisions with divergent requirements: The headquarters at Burgwedel near Hanover, logistics with warehouses and distribution centres across Germany, and Sales with around 2,150 chemist’s shops within Germany. Overall, Rossmann receives over 100,000 applications annually – a major challenge to master. Since 2015, Dirk Rossmann GmbH has been working with milch&zucker to handle its applicants with a software solution tailored to its needs.
- Each of the corporate areas have different needs in terms of recruiting processes.
- In addition to online applications, the company also receives a large number of paper applications, although these also need to be processed online.
- The huge number of applications has forced the company to consistently improve its efficiency to accelerate the application process.
- This creates tension between streamlining processes and the complexity of the organisational culture. Rossmann needs a system that is both flexible and customisable and that also unites processes with their public impact.
- For the applicant management system, this results in a balancing act between customer-specific modifications and ensuring the recruiting software can be updated over time.
- Rossmann utilises the many different configuration options the BeeSite Recruiting Edition offers.
- BeeSite can map processes in a standardised way, while integrating custom processes as well.
- Applicants access the job portal directly through the Rossmann website. It is integrated into the overall Rossmann online web presence.
- They can ask questions about their online application based on the specific profile of requirements or to a specific company area.
- Recruiters process their applications promptly through different collection campaigns.
- Customised customer solutions
Special features of the Rossmann applicant management system
- Paper applications are scanned in by the organisational unit, then read into the software through a semi-automated process.
- For the first time, we have integrated a map to display distances between a job location and an applicant’s residence to HR employees. This is especially relevant for the branches, since they can check which pharmacy is located closest to the applicant’s home, and therefore will be the most attractive to the applicant themselves.
- Results from interviews for sales positions can be recorded in a structured way, to match up with the defined requirements and desired qualifications for the position. Personal data and relevant questions from the online application are automatically populated into one form, and interviewers add results from their interviews
ResultsRossmann has been using the BeeSite Recruiting Edition since 2015 to publish job advertisements and process applications quickly.
This long-term partnership is evidence of milch & zucker’s consulting expertise, and of the positive impact it had on project results during every update. This also includes regular knowledge transfer to the customer through training recruiters, key HR users, and departmental administrators.
“With the BeeSite solution, we are able to address the specific needs of our users while employing a standardised solution. Thanks to milch&zucker, and to the commitment of our own employees, we have been able to make our application process more efficient”.
Hartmut Krüger, Head of Recruiting, Dirk Rossmann GmbH